Dear Members and Program Participants,
Over the last couple of weeks, information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has raised many concerns and we want you to know that we are committed to taking every possible precaution to minimize any risk within our YMCA facilities. We will continue to monitor information from national, state and local health officials on a regular basis. The safety and health of all remains our top priority. Below are some initial precautions we are implementing.
Fort Madison Family YMCA staff continue to clean and sanitize to the highest standards using products that are designed to kill viruses. Staff have received updated information regarding best practices and are increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing practices throughout facilities and program sites.
YCMA Staff are increasing the sanitation process of the following areas:
- doors and door handles
- fitness equipment
- and other common “high touch” items/areas within our facilities
- Sanitizer stations are located throughout our facilities.
- YMCA instructors and personal trainers will instruct all class participants to pre-wipe and post-wipe all equipment used in class.
- Communication pieces explaining best practices and safety precautions will be placed throughout our centers.
- YMCA staff, members and program participants who are experiencing symptoms will be encouraged to stay home and seek medical attention when necessary.
As always, the YMCA continues to stress the importance of washing your hands frequently with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Cover your coughs and sneezes, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, stay home when you or a family member is sick and avoid close contact with others who are sick.
Should you have any questions or concerns please contact Ryan Wilson at 319-372-2403 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of Fort Madison Family YMCA. Together we can make a difference! Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fort Madison Family YMCA