COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Applications for the following positions are being accepted on indeed.com. View the jobs here
To provide quality programs that promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for all members and potential members through design, implementation, staffing and organization for each individual program, with the end goal to function proficiently on a daily basis. Further, it is the responsibility of the Program Director to support the Executive Director in the advancement of the YMCA both financially and socially through partnerships within the community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives (see detailed list below).
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, organizes and schedules program registrations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Comes with a diverse background with working in youth sports, specifically soccer and baseball/softball.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics and reports. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Oversees all social media communications with community: Facebook, email, TV Ads, and press releases to local media.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens;
- Within 90 days of hire obtain a lifeguard certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities.
- Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings
- Organizes and conducts coaches training and meetings.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules.
- Trains and schedules sports officials.
- Develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards.
- Coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Organizes and hosts season parties and events.
- Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices.
- Monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment.
- Organizes and conducts sports clinics.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Maintains accurate records of staff certifications.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools.
- Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
Health & Wellness
- Creates and schedules wellness classes.
- Hires, trains and supervises assigned staff which may include coordinators, instructors and trainers.
- Maintains equipment and facilities.
- Purchases equipment, parts and supplies as required.
- Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Designs and implements new health and wellness programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
Fort Madison Family YMCA is seeking certified lifeguards to fill positions between 5am and Noon.
• Monitor pool activities and ensures member safety• Enforce all safety guidelines as outlined by the Fort Madison Family YMCA• Respond to emergency situations if/when they arise• Maintain a positive and safe environment for members, visitors and swimmers.
• Current Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Certification• CPR• First Aid• AED
Applications are available on our website at https://www.fortmadisony.org/employment-opportunities/
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 – $10.00 per hour based on experience