SUMMER CAMP 2020
A great 11-week summer program for 1st thru 6th graders that meets the needs of working parents needing summer child care. Your child will enjoy our experienced staff and activities. Summer Camp activities include indoor and outdoor swimming, trips to various water parks, library reading program, picnics at the parks, roller skating, hiking, miniature golf, games, crafts, and more! Enrollment is limited.
Starts: June 8 thru August 14 (dates based on school calendar and are subject to change)
Time: Monday–Friday 7:00am–5:30pm
Drop off: 7:00am–9:00am; pick up 4:00pm–5:30pm
Option 1: Full Pay (You save $100)Members: $825; Non-members: $925 (Prepay for the whole summer by June 3 for discount)
Option 2: Payment Installments
Payment Dates: June 3, June 19, June 10, and July 31
Members: 4 Payments of $231.25 for a total of $925; Non-members: 4 payments of $256.25 for a total of $1,025
*$25 one time discount for each additional child**
Membership and program assistance is available for those who apply and qualify.
Stop by the Fort Madison YMCA to enroll.
SUMMER CAMP 2020 – COVID-19/Coronavirus Policy and Procedures
Staff at the YMCA day camp wants to ensure this is fun, exciting summer for your child. We will be doing everything we can to maintain our health while continuing to be part of a fun summer. Below is a list of policies and procedures we will be exercising at day camp to ensure the safety of all campers and staff.
- Campers will have their temperature taken upon arrival at camp. And child with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be able to attend that day. Also, any child that exhibits signs of illness throughout the day will be sent home as well.
- Students will need to wash their hands immediately upon entering camp, before and after all snacks/meals, and at many other intervals during the day. Please have your child wash their hands right before leaving camp for the day, also.
- We will be designating a floating staff member each day who will be sanitizing and cleaning on a regular basis.
- All attempts to social distance children will be made. Social distancing will be practiced during large seated groups, lunches/snacks, and on buses. Activities that involve touch play will not be allowed to occur and every effort will be made for campers to refrain from any type of touching.
- Masks will not have to be worn unless somewhere we travel to requests us to wear them. If you are more comfortable having your child wear a mask we will work with you to ensure this happens.
- Student water bottle and other personal items will not be collected in a common area. Instead your camper will need to and be directed to keep their water bottle in a designated area with the rest of their own things. Staff will be extra diligent in making sure the protocol storing personal items is followed.
I look forward to a great summer with your students. If you have concerns or questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Summer Camp Director