The Fort Madison Family YMCA and Fort Madison Rotary Club are teaming up for a Steak Fry Fundraising Event on Thursday, May 19th, 2022 beginning at 5:00pm with dinner service beginning at 5:30pm. This event will be held at the Bud Light Stockyard on the Rodeo Grounds. Music provided by Nathan Gosnell & Jerad Harness from 5:00-7:00pm and Live Auction at 7:00pm.
This will include a Steak Dinner complete with Ribeye Steaks topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions, baked potato, coleslaw, rolls, and tea, water, beer or wine. Entertainment will include live music, auction, and kid-friendly activities.
Auction Items are as follows:
- Fun City Package Fun City One Night Stay & $100 Gift Card to the Bowling Alley & Arcade
- Elliot Test Kitchen Dinner Party extravagant dinner for up to 10 people
- Tree House Dinner Party by Larry & Rita Holtkamp for up to 20 people, tentative date August 12, 2022
- Mississippi River Boat Cruise Your choice of 4 hour morning or afternoon cruise with food/adult beverages for up to 6 people hosted by Jane Wentzien and Kara Morrow
- Cardinals Game Package includes 4 airline tickets from Burlington to St. Louis or Chicago and 4 tickets to St. Louis Cardinals game provided by Cape Air & Josh Denning
- YMCA Outdoor Pool Party at the Fort Madison Public Pool for up to 60 people
- Kids Bowling Party at Turnbowl Lanes for up to 20 people for 2 hours
- Kids Party at Shug’s Tiny Town including 8 Adult/Children Passes and Free Ice Cream Cones
- Golf Package provided by Putt-A-Round, Sheaffer’s Golf Course, Spirit Hollow, and Powdertown
- Party For Four Drinking Party includes 2 hours of drinking for 4 people, provided by The Rail Yard Sports Bar
Pre-ordering of dinners is highly encouraged to help with the planning of food. Dinners for the Steak Fry Dinner may be pre-purchased for $25 each through May 6th, 2022 by clicking the button below. Limited amount of dinners will be available at the door for $35 each.
Funds raised during this event will benefit the Fort Madison Family YMCA’s Annual Sustaining Campaign to help provide Scholarships and Financial Assistance to individuals and families in need and to help the Fort Madison Rotary Club continue doing the great things they do every year which include: donations of coats, scarves, and mittens to local school students; annually awarding three $1000 scholarships for area students; sending several high school youth annually to a week-long leadership training experience: RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) and middle school students to YRYLA (Young RYLA); donating to MOST (Miles of Smiles), and repairs and improvements at Central Park, District 6000 Rotary Grant.
Last year the Fort Madison Family YMCA granted financial assistance to over 400 Individuals for YMCA programs and memberships, childcare assistance, summer camp, swim lessons, and more. The Fort Madison Rotary Club helped by supporting the Fort Madison High School Football program with their continued, much needed, improvements to their facilities. Granted $1,000 to Lee County Crimestoppers, Sponsored Fort Madison Swim Day at the Public Pool, The Old Settlers Park Trick or Treat, and the Fort Madison Parade of Lights.
A Facebook Event has been created and updates including event location, auction items, and entertainment will be posted in the discussion feed of the event page. Details and updates will be posted on this page as well.
For questions or to find out how you can help make this event successful contact Ryan Wilson at 319-372-2403.